sábado, 8 de octubre de 2011

It Was Just A Dream


This past week was one full of things to remember. There were crazy things going on at the job. There was lots of bad news in the papers, on television and as well as on the internet. I got many phone calls from all over the country with a variation of news mostly of which was bad. On occasion I would hear something that made me smile and feel good. I got word that an old friend from my high school days was temporarily transferred to a job out of the country and that his family would had to stay behind for the duration of six months.

That guy is very family oriented so I know it's going to be murder on him without his family for such a long period of time. My sister, who is very close to me, had just celebrated 8 years of marriage. She and her husband are blessed to have three wonderful children of which one is a boy 7 years of age and twin girls at age 5. They are the owners of a successful business, a beautiful home, a powerful stock folio and are prominent and active members of their community. I just found out that her husband gave all of that up and walked away to be with another woman. What a shame to have gone so far in life only to have seen things come to an abrupt halt.

Well there was some good news. I just got some exciting news from a publishing company that I had been working with for over two years. I wrote a book that I thought would be very informative and productive to the reading public and would also make a lot of money for me. They call and informed me that finally they were going to publish it and on top of that they would offer me a deal to pay me $100,000.00 up front to write 4 other books within a period of 3 years. I was so excited to know that my dreams had finally come true. My worse days were over. My wife would have the option of not working or if she decided to continue working that she would be able to pocket her checks. On top of that I now had the potential of putting monies aside for the successful future of my family. That meant even with my children consistently making 4.0 grade point averages in school and facing the blessing of full time scholarships for universities, I would still be able to assure them of being able to accomplish their academic goals.

If this past week was or is an indication of times to come then I must be in for a ride of my life. I can't imagine what life is like for others who may or may not be as fortunate as I have been in my life. Though childhood was full of impoverished times I managed, with the help of some concerned and loving people, was able to overcome the ills of my life. I've been pretty fortunate even though the challenges of this past week had no indications of that fact. I'm pretty good at working out the difficulties of my life but there are some things I just can't plan successfully for. Life is full of surprises and sometimes they are not all good.

As life is so full of surprises I am full of surprises also. All of this was just a dream. It never really happened. I really had a great week. My friend wasn't transferred to a job out of the country he doesn't even have a job. My sister's husband didn't leave her, she instead left him. The good news is I am doing well. There's plenty of money in the bank and the investments are very promising. My wife is working but at her own choosing. My children are doing well in college and both have promising futures ahead of them. I'm doing OK, what about you?



ofertas aire acondicionado

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario